Dear Friends of No Time For Poverty,
For me, the welcoming of the New Year is always accompanied by reflections of the one that has come before.
The year 2016 was an amazing one for very many reasons – thanks to you, our dedicated donors, committed volunteers, and countless friends of No Time For Poverty and Klinik Timoun Nou Yo. Because of your generosity and partnership, we made miraculous things happen!
Here are some of the things we achieved together. We:
- Treated 16,000 children. Very many of whom would have otherwise died without our intervention and many more who would have needlessly suffered the pain of malnutrition, illness and disease.
- Administered more than 4,500 vaccinations, guaranteeing that children would not die from easily preventable illness and disease.
- Conducted more than 14,000 laboratory tests that are absolutely critical to proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Saved the lives of more than 300 malnourished children who otherwise had no access to supplemental food and medical support.
- Dispensed thousands of dollars in critically needed medications.
- Affirmed the value and worth of 80,000 men, women and children by affording the children the highest quality medical care and the chance to grow up healthy, strong and active.
Unfortunately, the close of 2016 was tragically marked by Hurricane Matthew which annihilated homes, livestock, crops and trees in our region. Amazingly, Klinik Timoun Nou Yo opened only four business days after that devastating event – thanks to the courage, commitment and love of our unimaginably remarkable staff.
We look to 2017 with great hope!
In addition to continuing to operate the finest Health and Medical Center in the region, we celebrate the opening of our new Breastfeeding program in February.
While the devastation of Hurricane Matthew will be felt for years to come, No Time For Poverty will continue to make the largest financial impact in the community – as its largest employer in the region and the largest employer of women.
Most importantly, thanks to you, we will continue in 2017 to make one of the most vital, one of the most gratifying, and one of the most meaningful impacts one can make in the world today. We will save children’s lives – many, many lives. I can’t think of a better mark to make in this short life, can you?
Here’s to a Happy, Healthy and Meaningful New a Year!